- Company events
- Consultancy, Operations Research
- Dutch, English
Traineeship ORTEC Consulting
You have just finished your master’s degree, maybe even taken some time off, and you’re finally getting around to looking for a job. As an ambitious problem-solver, you never want to stop learning. However, at the same time, you want to put into practice what you have learned so far. You gain your energy from having a wide variety of projects to work on like working on programming a machine learning model that predicts how many customers will leave a certain insurance company. Maybe, you would even like to determine the optimal locations for distribution centers of a large postal company. There’s no doubt you are eager to create the most difficult models and are capable of using the most advanced techniques that you can – also – present a simplified explanation of to the customer.
While working in different teams, you not only challenge yourself, but also the people you are working with. You can achieve this by quickly finding the essence of a problem or situation, and can be an inspiration to others.
During your traineeship, you will be given responsibility early on. You will get the opportunity to acquire more self-knowledge, to develop your passions, and to find out what kind of projects and industries suit your ambitions. The best thing about this is that you are in charge, you decide on which areas you want to advance in.
In the first two years of your ORTEC career, you will meet and help customers in various industries and you will use a wide variety of tools and techniques while doing so. You will gain experience in many aspects of the acquisition, problem definition, developing approaches, analytics, modelling, programming, testing, delivery and implementation processes.
As a trainee, you will be mentored by experienced consultants. Our hands-on training will give you the skills required for the various roles you will play. In terms of building your soft-skills, we also provide courses to improve your communication skills, to teach you how to work on projects more efficiently, to improve on your time management, and to build your commercial skills.
Who are you?
· An ambitious professional who is challenged by working in a new and unfamiliar environment
· Communicative, sociable and motivated by the clients’ vision, contact and interaction
· Experience in modeling and programming
· Knowledge of ‘R,’ Python, AIMMS, databases and/or Excel is an advantage
· Work well in teams and group projects
· Curious and can quickly come up with the core of a problem or situation
· Hold a university degree in Econometrics, (Business) Mathematics, Computer Science or other relevant studies with a technical background
· Bilingual – Fluent in Dutch and English (verbal and written)
What we offer
- Entrance to the most passionate powerhouse in applied mathematics
- Join our movement and improve the world
- Enjoy an open, kind and fun culture
- NS Business Card 100%, NS Business Card, lease opportunity or commuting allowance: it’s your choice
- Mobility allowance of 3% of your base salary
- 25 annual leave days, additional days from the age of 35
- Result related remuneration
- Active employee association for fun activities with colleagues and content driven Young ORTEC for you to join
- Football table, our own bar the “ORtap”, Christmas party, annual barbecue at one of our founders’ home, and much more
- Year-end bonus equal to a full month’s pay
- We believe in commitment: your permanent contract will be waiting for you
What to expect
We help you thrive in your field of expertise. We offer development programs, tailored to your individual needs and function requirements, including opportunities to attend courses and seminars. We offer challenging practical hands-on experience with opportunities to work abroad, and we operate an organizational structure that keeps communication lines short. We have a very friendly work environment that is informal, cooperative and positive. We employ over 800 people in the Netherlands (HQ), Belgium, Germany, France, the U.K., Romania, Italy, the U.S., Australia, Brazil, Poland and Denmark.
Visit our website www.ortec.com to learn more about our solutions and clients’ experiences.
Then apply by sending your resume, motivation letter and transcript to Gordon Boon, corporate recruiter, at email@example.com
Acquisition as a result of this vacancy is not appreciated.