- Company events
- Consultancy, Operations Research
- Dutch, English
Meet & Match
“A Job offer in one day” - traineeship ORTEC Consulting
You have just finished your Master’s, maybe taken some time off, and are now looking for a job that matches your interests. As an ambitious puzzle solver, you want to optimize your job application process. As ORTEC, we know what you are talking about.
Therefore, we would like to invite you for a “Meet & Match” day at ORTEC. During this day, you will get to know our company and our employees. You will take part in a workshop to prepare you for your professional career and you are asked to solve a case with fellow puzzle solvers. And, after a full day of learning, new experiences and job interviews, we will offer matching candidates a permanent contract on the spot. It is then up to you to review your contract and sign it when you are ready to boost your career by joining ORTEC. Finish your Thesis first, enjoy a well-deserved vacation and start in February or March. Or, begin right away in January. You decide!
Who are we looking for?
Especially in the early stage of your career, you do not want the learning to be over. You want to put into practice what you have learned so far. You get energy from one day working on programming a machine learning model predicting how many customers will leave a certain insurance company, and the next day determining the optimal locations for distribution centers of a large postal company. You are eager to create the most difficult models and techniques, and explain them in an understandable way to the customer. Working in different teams is not only challenging and inspiring for yourself, but also for the people you work with, to quickly find the essence of a problem or situation together.
In our traineeship you get a lot of responsibility early on in your career. You get the opportunity to get to know yourself, develop your passions, and find out what kind of projects and industries suit your ambitions. The best thing about this is that you are in charge, you decide on the areas you want to develop yourself in and if you want to become a Data Scientist, Business Consultant or an OR Engineer.
In the first two years of your ORTEC career you will be working with customers in various industries, using a wide variety of tools and techniques. You get experience in many parts of the entire process of acquisition, problem definition, developing an approach, analytics, modelling, programming, testing, delivery and implementation.
As a trainee you will be mentored by experienced consultants, and our hands-on trainings give you the skills required for the various tasks you take on. We also provide courses in soft skills to improve your communication skills, advise you how to work in projects, improve your time management and your commercial skills.
- An ambitious professional who is challenged by working in a new and unfamiliar environment
- Communicative, sociable and motivated
- Client focused and enjoy contact and interaction
- Experienced in and have affinity with modeling and programming
- Knowledgeable in R, Python, AIMMS, databases and/or Excel is an advantage
- Experienced in working in teams/projects
- Curious, flexible and able to quickly come to the essence of a problem or a situation
- Educated with a University Master degree with a technical background (e.g. Econometrics, (Business) Mathematics, Computer Science or other relevant studies)
- Able to fluently communicate in Dutch and English (verbally and in writing)
Would you like to get a taste of ORTEC? Enjoy a full day of learning? And possibly go home with a contract to be signed? Join our ‘Meet & Match’ on Thursday the 24th of January 2019. Apply before the 7th of January by sending us your CV, motivation letter and grade list to email@example.com. We will let you know whether you have been selected by the 17th of January at the latest. For more information, you can contact Gordon Boon (Recruiter).
What we offer
- Entrance to the most passionate powerhouse in applied mathematics
- Join our movement and improve the world
- Enjoy an open, kind and fun culture
- NS Business Card 100%, NS Business Card, lease opportunity or commuting allowance: it’s your choice
- Mobility allowance of 3% of your base salary
- 25 annual leave days, additional days from the age of 35
- Result related remuneration
- Active employee association for fun activities with colleagues and content driven Young ORTEC for you to join
- Football table, our own bar the “ORtap”, Christmas party, annual barbecue at one of our founders’ home, and much more
- Year-end bonus equal to a full month’s pay
- We believe in commitment: your permanent contract will be waiting for you
What to expect
We help you to thrive in your field of expertise. We offer development programs, tailored to your individual needs and function requirements, including opportunities to attend courses and seminars. We offer challenging practical hands-on experience with opportunities to work abroad. We operate a flat organizational structure that keeps communication lines short. The atmosphere is open, informal, cooperative and positive. We employ over 800 people in the Netherlands (HQ), Belgium, Germany, France, the U.K., Romania, Italy, the U.S., Australia, Brazil, Poland and Denmark. Visit our website www.ortec.com to learn more about our solutions and clients’ experiences.